In conjuction with Wesak 2013, Samadhidhammaram Centre would be organising a special ceremony (法会). About 108 monks would be invited to the event and there would be temporary ordination for those who wishes to participate.
Duration: 21 May 2013- 2 June 2013 (for those can only come during shorter period- arrangements can be made)
VIEW LISTING OF DONORS (for donors, kindly check to ensure your name is spelled correctly).
Duration from 21st May 2013 – 2 June 2013 (for those who are not able to make it for a long duration, no worries, so long as you want to participate, arrangements can be made)
You may either do the observation of eight precepts or go for temporary ordination as a monk or mae chi (nun) at your wish. For those who wish to go through temporary ordination, advanced notification is greatly appreciated as robes and other requisites need to be arranged.Going through Temporal Ordination / Observation of Eight Precepts
Going through temporal ordination / Observation of eight precepts is seen as virtuous. It is seen as a means for us to “repay” our parents for their work and effort in raising us, because the merit from our ordination will accumulate and attributed to them as well. You may choose to stay 3 to 9 days. The shaving of hair is optional for people observing the Eight Precepts
Please not that before going to Samathidhammaram to do the desired precepts, please be notified that permission from parents must be sought. Should your parents have passed on, simply hold up the joss stick, face the east and inform your parents of your intention to pursue this desired.Logistics
Accommodation, food and attire will be provided for. If you have any finance difficulties, do not worry, arrangement can be done.
The only request from Khun Mae is your sincerity in your practice and aspirations.
- 21 May 2013 Arrival at Bangkok (either Don Meung or Suvarnabhumi) airport
- 22 May 2013- Hair Shaving (for those who intend to ordain)
- 23 May 2013- Tentative at 10am- Ordination ceremony
- 24 May 2013 Special Ceremony and Chanting
- 2 June 2013- Departure (or you can extend your stay).
Note: If you are not able to make it for 10 days, you can arrange to come for 7 days. Khun Mae can help make the arrangements.
What to bring:
- your own medication (if any)
- a luggage that can be locked so that you can lock your valuables in it. So far in Samnak there has been no theft but this is an open event attended by many- therefore we want to ensure all valuables are safe.
短期出家 – 2013年5月21 日 – 6 月 2日
卫塞节 – 短期出家