ORDINATION, OBSERVING PRECEPTS & PRACTICE
A. Monk and Novice Ordination
- The 75 Training Rules for Novices– Novice undergoing ordination would observe 10 rules with a total of 75 Precepts.
- Observing Precepts
- Going on Morning Almsround (Pindapat)
- Chanting and Meditation
- Ascetic/ thudong practice
- Observance when receiving almsfood for monks
B. How ordination is performed
View how ordination is performed for bhikkhus (monks), samanera (novices) and mae chi (nuns).
- Ordination Script Bhikkhu
- Ordination Script for Novice (scripting with translation and photo guide): Mandarin chant
- Mae Chi (Nuns) Ordination Script (แม่ชี)
C. Attasila (8 Precepts)
- Generally visitors would be observing the 8 precepts
- However, for those who are not feeling well, the 5 precepts may be observed.
- Informal sharing on the benefits of observing the precepts.
- Clothing and attire would consist of white 8 preceptor clothings
D. Self Practice in Seclusion
- Participants may choose to undergo self pratice in seclusion– a practice that produces enormous merits.
- Each participant would be assigned with individual kutis to stay to perform self practice
E. Observance Days
- Everyday is a good day to observe the precepts. However many people do choose to wear white and visit temples- and in Thai, it is very much part of their culture.
- View Buddhist Observance Days 2017 (2560)
PRACTICE- IN TEMPLE OR IN LAY LIFE