Audio Chanting of Buddha Jaya Mangala Gatha
or view video uploaded in YouTube:
The Story Behind Buddha Jaya Mangala Gatha 佛胜吉祥偈
Khun Mae has always emphasized the importance of this of chant as it helps one to overcome obstacles. Realising the signifance of this sutta, she had made the effort to memorise it during her initial years ordination. She had advised us to memorise this chant if possible and chant it every day or when walking to places where you don’t particularly feel comfortable.
Herein is a story behind Buddha Jaya Mangala Gatha- how each stanzas came about and that each of them are taken from the Buddha’s life story of how the Buddha overcame each obstacle and challenge with his virtues. The book is written by Acharya Buddharakkhita.
- Introduction, Author information and donor information
- First stanza- Victory over Mara
- Second stanza- Conquering Alavaka (Yakka)
- Third stanza- Taming Naragiri (drunken elephant)
- Forth stanza- Subduing Angulimala (savage robber and murderer)
- Fifth stanza- Rout of Cinca (falsely accusing the Buddha)
- Sixth stanza- Vanquishing Saccaka
- Seventh stanza- Subjugating Nandopananda (hostile King of Nagas)
- Eighth stanza- Conquest over Baka Brahma